Risk management is key to public safety on rural estates.
Whether you are a Land Agent or an Estate Owner yourself, you will appreciate that ensuring safety standards on rural estates is far from straight forward. There is a complicated mix of employee safety, family and public safety, and the safety of contractors, tenants and visitors to consider when addressing issues of access, repair, estate activities, property management, contractor activities and much, much more.
Managing health & safety in rural estates requires in-depth of knowledge of many areas of health & safety legislation and good practice. Rural estates can be very busy environments which pose risks from hazardous activities such as:
- Maintenance activities
- Use of machinery
- Fire assessments
- Working at height
- Working with electricity
- Using hazardous substances (COSHH)
- Public rights of way
- Lone working
- Gardening activities
It is essential to manage health and safety on rural estates rather than hope that all of the many groups listed above will carry out their activities with due regard for themselves and anyone else affected by their activities. Aegis Safety Consultancy can provide practical, pragmatic and proportionate solutions to ensure that there is compliance with health & safety legislation and an effective management system in place.
We can provide the following health & safety services:
- A documented health and safety policy specific to the estate
- Arrangements for contractor management
- Documented risk assessments for activities carried out on the estate
- Fire risk assessment and fire floor plans
- Documented arrangements for the planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of health & safety arrangements (i.e. health & safety management procedures)
- Health and safety training for a levels of staff including manual handling and working at height.
- Inspections of the estate
- Annual audit of the estate
- Assessing contractor competency
HSE provides answers to most common safety questions within the Health & Social Care sector.
Case study 2
Case study coming soon
Make an Enquiry
Looking for proportionate, practical and pragmatic health and safety advice? Contact Aegis Safety Consultancy and tell us what you are looking for.
Join our network for the latest updates on projects we are working on, clients we are supporting and the latest health and safety news and information.